13 May 2010

Cup Cake Stand and Cactus Cups




I unpacked new work out of the kiln this morning, its been a hive of activity here at McCheek's Mayhem headquarters, and very hot with the texas weather plus the heat of the kiln! So I've essentially created my own sweatshop, with me doing all the sweating.

This 'cactus in a cup' is made using cups that didn't quite make the grade as a functional cup ; ie seconds, I fired on the' I love cactus' ( I know its not grammaticaly correct but couldn't say cacti, because I don't think it sounds right) and ... drilled holes in the bottom and gave a new home to a cactus





This mug is a one off so far, testing Marisa's great idea of using gold lustre on the handle, it came out sooo shiny, but I will be making more after this weekend, I like shiny!




And last but not least, a Cup Cake stand, using two tiered vintage plates with ceramic decal words fired on - so Super, Yummy, Delicious
I have been wanting to make one of these for ages, and finally found the parts.
its so wrong though , I've mixed gold and silver, posh and punk, and to top it all off I got one scary looking cup cake from Kroger, would have gone to Crave if i'd had time, those cup cakes are delicious

anyway, these will all be on sale at the Renegade Craft Fair this weekend, along with all the usual Bird Nerd mugs and bowls.

No comments: